Vigorous Representation Throughout Nashville, Brentwood & The Counties of Williamson, Davidson & Rutherford
Being arrested for drunk driving is often a humiliating and intimidating experience. It brings up many questions about your legal rights, what to do next, what to expect, and what your options may be.
This can all be confusing and stressful as you face the prospect of the loss of your reputation, criminal penalties, and the uncertainty of what will happen to you in the criminal court system.
Why Choose Our Franklin DUI Defense Lawyers
At such a stressful time and with so many unknowns about your situation, you need the calm, steady hand of an experienced attorney who can walk you through the process and help you every step of the way. At Shanone Emmack Attorney at Law, that is what you will find.
As your Franklin DUI lawyer, I will work to ensure:
- That your legal rights are asserted and protected
- That you are treated fairly
- That you have the strongest defense possible
Do I Need a Lawyer for DUI in Tennessee?
DUI is a complicated area combining Tennessee law, science, and technology. All of these factors in your situation need to be investigated and explored for weaknesses, flaws, and inconsistencies that can put the prosecutor’s case against you in doubt.
I will personally explore all of these, from why you were pulled over in the first place to field sobriety tests, chemical tests, and more in building your defense.
What Can A DUI Attorney Do For You?
A DUI attorney in Franklin can provide crucial assistance if you are facing a DUI charge. With their expertise, they can guide you through the legal process, safeguard your rights, and fight for the best possible outcome.
Below are ways that a skilled DUI attorney can help you:
- Provide Legal Knowledge and Expertise: A DUI lawyer backed by years of experience has extensive knowledge of Tennessee DUI laws and the legal system. They can explain the charges you face, potential penalties, and advise you on the best course of action based on your situation.
- Case Evaluation and Create a Defense Strategy: An attorney can thoroughly examine the details of your case, such as the circumstances of your arrest and the evidence against you. They will design a customized plan to challenge the charges to help obtain the best possible outcome for you.
- Protect Your of Rights: Throughout the legal procedure, your DUI attorney will ensure that your constitutional rights are preserved. They will advocate for you, ensuring that you are treated fairly and that your rights are respected.
- Negotiations and Plea Bargaining: A lawyer can negotiate with the prosecution to lower your charges or fines. If it is in your best interests, they also know how to obtain a fair plea arrangement for you.
- Court Representation: Your DUI lawyer will represent you in court, offering a solid defense, cross-examining witnesses, and contesting the prosecution's evidence.
- Understanding of Legal Procedures: A DUI attorney understands the intricate legal procedures surrounding in DUI cases. They can spot procedural flaws or infractions that can benefit your defense.
- Guidance and Support: A DUI attorney will provide the guidance and support you need during this challenging time. They will keep you informed, answer your questions, and offer reassurance throughout the process.
At Shanone Emmack Attorney at Law, we offer a free, initial consultation to all clients. We can discuss your DUI case and what your legal options are. Serving Middle Tennessee since 2015, our experienced Franklin DUI attorney has been recognized for the value and results we deliver. With years of experience, we provide aggressive representation and are prepared to fight for the best possible outcome for you. Reach out today to schedule an appointment. You don’t have to do it alone -- let us protect your rights.
She researches the law, kept me and others informed on what needs to happen next, and was always professional.Nancy D.
In the State of Tennessee, you can be found driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs if you are in physical control of a vehicle and under the influence of any intoxicant, marijuana, controlled substance, or drug that impairs your ability to safely operate a vehicle. The legal limit for alcohol is 0.8% for adults. For a person under the age of 21, it is 0.2%.
In a DUI case, I will take the following steps:
- Make sure the police officer performed a traffic stop because he had reasonable suspicion that you violated the law.
- Determine whether the police officer who performed the field sobriety tests established probable cause to arrest you.
- Make sure the blood alcohol or drug levels were validly obtained and enough to establish a DUI charge.
- Determine what type of defense to pursue. You have a constitutional right to fight a DUI charge all the way through to a trial by jury. You may also decided to enter a negotiated plea.
What Are the Penalties for DUI in Tennessee
A first-time DUI misdemeanor conviction can lead to the following penalties:
- Mandatory jail time of 48 hours. (That time will be reduced by any time you originally served upon your arrest.)
- Probation for up to 11 months / 29 days.
- Ignition Interlock Device and/or Transdermal (Scram) Device. These devices test your alcohol levels prior to being able to operate your vehicle.
- One-year loss of driver’s license for first offense. However, you will likely be eligible for a restricted driver’s license.
- Fine – $350 to $1500.
- Alcohol and Drug Safety School.
- Rehabilitation program.
Subsequent convictions will lead to increased penalties. A fourth or subsequent DUI charge will be charged as a felony with vastly increased jail time, fines, and license revocation with no possibility of being granted a restricted license. You will also be required to pay a fee to reinstate your license after a license suspension as well as pay for an SR-22 insurance form.
Those who cause serious injury or death to others due to DUI or who are found to be driving with a minor under the age of 18 in their car will also face more severe penalties.
Call Our Tennessee DUI Attorneys
Being charged with a DUI puts you at risk for serious penalties. This is not a matter you should leave to chance. Having a strong legal advocate in your corner can increase your prospects for a more favorable outcome. I have the experience you need to defend and assist you every step of the way in pursuing the best possible result.
Other Criminal Cases We Can Help With:
- Client Focused
- Outstanding Reviews
- Personalized Approach